The festivities have begun, and Christmas is nearly upon us. For most, this time of year means celebration, family and more importantly, presents.
The Christmas shop can be stressful, so to make your Yuletide shopping as comfortable as possible, leading online booking system eviivo has revealed ten B&Bs across the UK in the cities of major shopping centres and Christmas markets for your convenience.
Whether it is a well-timed Black Friday gift hunt at Birmingham’s Bullring or a festive excursion to the European Christmas Market in Edinburgh, these ten top B&Bs will ensure a comfortable and easy shopping experience.
Ten B&Bs to crash at after a long day of Christmas shopping:
- Soho Stables, London – Whether you’re visiting London for Winter Wonderland or to make use of the shoping mecca that is, Westfield in Shepard’s Bush, or Europe’s busiest shopping street, Oxford Street – Soho Stables is an ideal location to bed down for the night after a hectic day of hitting the shops. Originally a stable for working horses, this property in the heart of The West End offers self-catered facilities for an amazing city retreat in Central London.
- Green Farmhouse, Sittingbourne – Known to be a former Farmhouse built in the 16th century and now a haven for walkers and birdwatchers, the property is conveniently located close to Rochester for those interested in visiting Dickensian Christmas Market. There are also excellent transport links for a day trip to London, Canterbury or even France, if you fancy picking up some French delicacies for Christmas dinner.
- Old Church Farm, Bristol – Crowned ‘South West Hidden Gem’ at the eviivo Awards this year and previously owned by King Harold of Wessex, this luxury property is jam-packed with history and is located in the South Gloucestershire countryside – perfect for those hoping to visit Cabot Circus, Bristol’s shopping centre.
- Aire Apartments, Leeds – These stylish properties offer open plan loft apartments in the heart of The Calls in Leeds. Situated among bars, pubs, restaurants and historic landmarks, this property makes for an ideal Yorkshire get-away for those wanting to visit Castle Howard Christmas Market.
- Citygate Apartments, Belfast – If you’re visiting for the Belfast Christmas Market or on your way for a shopping extravaganza at Victoria Square, you are in for a treat. This modern, self-catered accommodation in Central Belfast is perfect for short stays in the city.
- Glendevon B&B, Edinburgh – Recently renovated, this award-winning Scottish B&B is based in close proximity to the city centre and ideal for those attending Edinburgh’s European Christmas Market.
- Crusader Mezzanine Apartment, Nottingham – Based in the city centre, this property is situated in a perfect location for explorers and tourists hoping to attend the largest event in the East Midlands – Nottingham Winter Wonderland.
- Mantella Lofts, Birmingham – Found in the heart of Birmingham, these loft-style apartments serve as an ideal spot for a self-catered short break in the city over Christmas. Fantastic if you fancy visiting the Frankfurt Christmas Market or shopping at the iconic Birmingham’s Bullring Estate.
- Inn Cardiff, Cardiff – This newly renovated property is in walking distance to the major city centre attractions, perfect for visitors looking to do their Christmas shopping at St. David’s. This property offers different suites to accommodate up to 6 guests, perfect for those looking to book a family staycation and get some gifts gattered.
- 17 Stonegate Court, York – Right in the centre of York, this family-friendly holiday home offers a plethora of history and views of York Minister – just minutes away from York’s finest tourist attractions making it the perfect spot for those attending St Nicolas Christmas Fair.
Paul Saxby, Marketing Director of online booking specialist, eviivo, commented: “With the rise of British staycations, people are bound to travel to their favourite cities this Christmas to their most loved shopping centres or simply to get stuck in with the festivities.
“For those travelling from afar, there are a great deal of B&Bs around the country to consider as an option to save you the hassle of a long journey home.”